Level: BTEC Level 3
Exam Board: Edexcel
Location: Bryn Celynnog
The course consists of mandatory, specialist optional units and option units such as:
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Promoting health education
- Nutrition for health and social care
- Caring for children and young people
- Development through life stages
There is no examination. Each unit of study will consist of individual assignments that are graded.
Requirements for entry to the course
Minimum requirements of 5 GCSEs A-C grades and a good level of literacy. Due to the vocational nature of the subject, students may be expected to do some work based study in a relevant care setting.
Students can go on to study all aspects of Health and Social Care, Nursing, Child Care and Social Care.
Staff to consult for further information:
Mrs C Gilvear/Mrs A Handley/Mrs E Kerr