Why learn Spanish?
- You will be able to communicate with 350 million native Spanish speakers worldwide.
- It’s easy to learn and easy to start speaking quickly.
- Spanish gives you the opportunity to live, volunteer and travel abroad.
- It will improve your employment potential. Spanish bolsters your appeal to employers!!
The aims of the course are to develop the ability of the pupil to use Spanish effectively for purposes of practical communication, to form a sound basis of skills, language and attitudes required for further study, work and leisure and to offer insights into the culture and civilization of Spanish speaking countries.
Pupils will be taught and tested in the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. ICT and audio-visual material will be used in conjunction with the topic areas. Pupils will also have lessons with the Spanish Language Assistant to enhance their oral skills. Pupils will be encouraged to participate in departmental activities — competitions, language days, debates….
- Family structures and friendships
- Youth trends, issues and personal identity
- Educational and employment opportunities
- Regional culture and heritage in Spain
- Literature, art, film and music in the Spanish-speaking world
We will be studying this film:
- Migration and integration
- Cultural identity and marginalisation
- Discrimination and diversity
- The two Spains: 1936 onwards
We will be reading this book:
One- to- one conversations with our assistant
- Broadcast Journalist
- Legal Sector
- Interpreter / Translator
- Publishing Sector
- Marketing Executive
- Medical Fields
- Secondary School Teacher
- Broadcast, Film, DVD and Interactive Media Sector
- Diplomatic Services Operational Officer
- Logistics and distribution manager